Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's finally happened. 


Chainsaws were delivered to the hardware store. I obtained one. After waiting out several days of thunderstorms, today I was able to crank up the new saw and do some light clearing with it. I'm taking it slow for now, trying to keep good form and pay special attention to safety. 


After some study, I chose the model of saw based on its warranty, 56.5 cc motor, and the width of it's cutting chain. You really don't have to put much effort into the actual cutting with this saw. It is sharp and powerful enough to make the sawdust fly with ease. 


Most of the purpose of having the new saw is to clean up the property. Not so much to clear away the trees, but cut out enough brush so that I can bush hog most of the place. Some of the trees are being limbed up so the grass under them can be cut. 


The next several weeks of nice days off will be spent with both hands on the saw. Some fence repair and upgrades are in order asap, also. 




You just can't beat the smell of fresh cut cedar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.