Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fencing progress...


My friend came over today and helped me work on the fence some more. Last week, we dug holes with a machine I rented and put the corner posts in them. Today, we hammered in some metal posts. The driver I bought is basically a heavy reinforced sleeve of pipe that is capped and has handles on both sides. you position the tip of the post where you want it on the ground and slide the post driver down until it slams, hammering the posts in. While this is definitely hard work, it is much faster and easier than installing wood posts.

I'm probably going to hire out much of the rest of the labor for this fence. I've thrown out some feelers to find trustworthy help. I really want to get the fence done this month and bring over the goats.

I hope my arms are functional tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.